DPI - PROJECT 01


15/10/18- 5/11/18 (Week 8 - Week 11)
Maisara Arissa Azahari (0332707)
Digital Photography & Imaging
Project 1 - Recomposition of Jacek Yerka's Surrealistic Artwork



INSTRUCTIONS



WEEK EIGHT
15.10.18

For the first project, we were given a task to choose an artwork from one of Jacek Yerka's many surrealistic pieces and recompose them using Adobe Photoshop using either Stock Images or real photo taken by ourselves. The submission size should be either 1920 x 1080 or 1080 x 1920. Recompositing not within the ratio will require cropping or filling in gaps with content aware fill and the proportion of the object must be maintained.

Figure 1.0 Susan by Jacek Yerka

After choosing the artwork, it was by chance that I had to stay over at a hotel with a friend for a birthday party so I had a picture of a white bed ready to be photoshopped into the artwork.

Figure 1.1 Bed used to recompose

Then, I searched up stock photos for the remaining elements in the artwork by using pixabay.com and pexels.com.

Figure 1.2 Apple used 

Figure 1.3 Books used

Figure 1.3 Books used (Another angle)

Figure 1.4 Shelf used

WEEK NINE 
22.10.18

After looking closely at the ground and the elements being used, I settled with these two photos I found on the two websites I mentioned earlier. I used the Free Transform and Blending tool to get it to match with the artwork above.

Figure 1.5 Used for the ground

Figure 1.6 Used for the sky

WEEK TEN
29.10.18

Now that I've gotten all my stock photos and real photos ready, it's time to lay out Adobe Photoshop and hope for the best. I applied all the exercises and advice given by Mr Jeff to create a somewhat similar recomposition of the artwork that I chose as best as I can. 

Figure 1.7 Layers used

WEEK ELEVEN
5.11.18

This week is the submission week. After all the blood, sweat and tears, attached below is my final outcome of these past few weeks.

Figure 1.8 Final outcome


Comments